11.24.2011

Will Power and Self Control

Those are two guys that don't show up at my dinner table too often. In all honesty, I've realized that a lot of issues I have stem from my lack of both. Whether it's eating too much or spending too much money, I'm reminded that I definitely have issues to work out in this area of my life.

Recently, Proverbs 21:5 was brought up at church: "The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty." To me, this says that we need to have a plan and have the integrity to follow through with it. Conversely, it says that our haste (the New Living Translation uses the word "shortcut") can bring us down.

Looking at my life, I can see the damage that haste and poor planning has caused. It's not an easy or comfortable thing to bring up, but it's important to see where I've come from and where I'm going. Making sacrifices, planning a course and following through is a long journey. But it's one that I pray that God will let me make.

No comments:

Post a Comment